Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the lining of the stomach. It can occur suddenly (acute) or gradually (chronic).
- Helicobacter pylori(H. pylori): A bacteria that lives in the mucous lining of the stomach; without treatment, the infection can lead to ulcers, and in some people, stomach cancer.
- Pernicious anemia:A form of anemia that occurs when the stomach lacks a naturally occurring substance needed to properly absorb and digest vitamin B12
- Bile reflux:A back-flow of bile into the stomach from the bile tract (that connects to the liver and gallbladder)
- Infectionscaused by bacteria and viruses
- Nauseaor recurrent upset stomach
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting blood or coffee ground-like material
- Black, tarry stools
Homoeopathy is very strongly recommended for gastritis (acute, chronic and recurring). Homeopathy manages gastritis effectively, gently and safely.