Fibroadenoma is a common non canceroustumour of breast. As the name suggests, Fibroadenoma consists of fibrous and glandular (adenomatous) tissue.
It is usually firm, smooth, well defined, marble-like, painless lump in breast which is easily movable within the breast. Its size may vary from small to big. It may be one or multiple. Fibroadenoma may be present in one or both the breasts.
Fibroadenomas seem to be affected by sex hormones especially Estrogen, hence it is common in women of child bearing age. It regresses after menopause due to low level of Estrogen. Though rare, it can be seen in menopausal women on Hormonal Replacement therapy. Exact causes behind Fibroadenoma of Breast are unknown.
Bottom of Form
Exact cause of Fibroadenoma of Breast is unknown. Though common associated factors are-
- Hormones:Especially Estrogen seems to play a significant role in both growth and maintenance of these benign tumours.
- Oral Contraceptive pills (OCP):These are the medicines, basically female hormone combinations which prevents ovulation thereby prevents pregnancy. OCP can also cause Fibroadenoma of breast.
- HRT (Hormonal Replacement Therapy)given in some cases of menopause due to excessive menopausal symptoms can cause fibroadenoma of breast due to estrogen hormone.
- Lump under the breast skin, usually felt by fingers on touching
- Firm mass
- Rubber like or marble like consistency
- Easily movable within the breasts
- Has well defined edges & smooth shape in most cases
- They do not cause pain usually but it depends on location of growth
Homeopathic treatment for fibroadenoma of breast is very proficient in managing the symptoms of Fibroadenoma and has an excellent success rate. It corrects the genetic predisposition and susceptibility towards Fibroadenoma of Breast.
Homeopathic treatment for Fibroadenoma of Breasts help by-
- Decreasing the size of growth
- Reducing pain if present
- Corrects the hormonal balance in the body naturally
- Prevents any cancerous tendency