It is a kind of inflammation of the skin which shows typical features of itching on skin.
The itching is associated with formation of patch and it may be either dry, or wet with oozing of watery or sticky fluid.
- Allergy:This is one of the commonest causes of eczema, and triggers include dust, detergents, rubber, nickel plated jewellery, etc.
- Environment:Eczema is more common in urban areas due to high pollution levels. Extremely dry, cold weather tends to make skin scratchy, precipitating eczema.
- Genetic influence:Eczema is most likely in individuals who have a family history of Eczema and even other allergic conditions like Asthma, Hay Fever, etc.
- Smoking:is one of the leading causes of eczema especially on the fingers that hold the cigarettes.
- Stress:Physical or emotional stress has been known to cause enhanced sensitivity and inflammatory skin changes.
- Dry, sensitive skin
- Intense itching
- Red, inflamed skin
- Recurring rash
- Scaly areas
- Rough, leathery patches
- Oozing or crusting
- Areas of swelling
- Dark colored patches of skin
Homeopathy is the best option to treat this disease, as it is capable of addressing the internal, immunological factors, which initiate the disease.