Alopecia Areata is a condition where there is a hair loss from a particular part of the body.
It is an autoimmune disorder in which the hair follicles are damaged by our own immune system and mostly affects the scalp. It is present in both males and females. The male and female ratio is 1.4:1.
Causes of Alopecia Areata
Alopecia Areata is considered to be an auto-immune condition in which the immune system of the body (which protects the body from bacteria, viruses, allergens, etc.) mistakenly attacks the hair follicles and destroys them. This leads to hair loss in the affected area.
Symptoms of Alopecia Areata
1.Excessive hair loss in small, round patches, usually in short period of time
- May affect scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes, beard or mustache
- Single or multiple bald (hairless) spots
- Underlying skin usually looks normal
- Generalized thinning of hair referred as diffused Alopecia Areata over the scalp.
- Complete loss of hair all over the scalp – Alopecia Totalis
- Extensive hair loss all over the body – Alopecia Universalis.
- Scarred Alopecia Areata: Any patch of Alopecia which has a scar formation.
- Homeopathic treatment for Alopecia Areata has shown excellent results as far as reduction in hair fall, increase in growth of strong hair and non-recurrence is concerned.
- The selection of the homeopathic remedy depends on the sensitivity and individual’s response to stimuli as well as the intensity and duration of the disease.