Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals.
Symptoms sometimes begin after a physical trauma, surgery, infection or significant psychological stress. In other cases, symptoms gradually accumulate over time with no single triggering event.
Women are much more likely to develop fibromyalgia than are men. Many people who have fibromyalgia also have tension headaches, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety and depression.
- Because fibromyalgia tends to run in families, there may be certain genetic mutations that may make you more susceptible to developing the disorder.
- Some illnesses appear to trigger or aggravate fibromyalgia.
- Physical or emotional trauma.Post-traumatic stress disorder has been linked to fibromyalgia.
- Pain in various parts of the bodyincluding muscles and joints is one of the chief symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Body parts very sensitive to touchand painful on pressure
- Tender points on the bodyalong with other symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Chronic fatigue
- Morning stiffness
- Tingling and numbnessof the hands and legs
- Sleep disturbances
- Gastro-intestinal and urinary disturbances
- Painful periods
- Extreme sensitivity to smell, noises, light, touch and weather changes
- Inability to pay attention and concentrate on mental tasks. This is known as “fibro fog”and is one of the peculiar symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- Memory loss
- Homeopathy is very effective in the treatment of Fibromyalgia. It helps greatly in relieving the body aches and pains and all the symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia.
- Homeopathy is a much safer and better mode of treatment. It is very gentle in its approach and the medicines are very convenient and easy to administer. Homeopathic treatment of Fibromyalgia is safe even in children and pregnant women.
- Different manifestations of the disease are treated with different homeopathic medicines depending on which one matches the most.