- Lichen planus is a skin rash that is triggered by the immune system.
- The condition usually clears up by itself within several weeks or months. There are also treatments that can manage your symptoms.
- Lichen planus may be uncomfortable, however it isn’t considered dangerous.
The exact cause of lichen planus is unknown. It may be related to an allergic or immune reaction.
Risks for the condition include:
- Exposure to medicines, dyes, and other chemicals (including gold, antibiotics, arsenic, iodides, chloroquine, quinacrine, quinide, phenothiazines, and diuretics)
- Diseases such as hepatitis C
Lichen planus mostly affects middle-aged adults. It is less common in children.
Mouth sores are one symptom of lichen planus. They:
- May be tender or painful (mild cases may not cause pain)
- Are located on the sides of the tongue, inside of the cheek, or on the gums
- Look like bluish-white spots or pimples
- Form lines in a lacy network
- Gradually increase in size
- Sometimes form painful ulcers
Skin sores are another symptom of lichen planus. They:
- Usually appear on the inner wrist, legs, torso, or genitals
- Are itchy
- Have even sides (symmetrical) and sharp borders
- Occur alone or in clusters, often at the site of a skin injury
- May be covered with thin white streaks or scratch marks
- Are shiny or scaly looking
- Have a dark, reddish-purple color
- May develop blistersor ulcers
Other symptoms of lichen planus are:
- Dry mouth
- Hair loss
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Ridges in the nails
Homeopathy is very proficient in managing the symptoms of Lichen Planus and has an excellent success rate in homeopathic treatment for Lichen Planus. It corrects the genetic predisposition and susceptibility towards Lichen Planus.
Exact cause of Lichen Planus is unknown but faulty immune system is believed to be behind it. Homeopathy can correct the fault in immune system with great efficiency. Homeopathy has wide range of constitutional medicines which corrects the same. Homeopathy helps to improve immunity and restores vitality to initiate healing from within.
Homeopathy assures long lasting relief for Lichen Planus. It controls itching so that skin patches do not aggravate further and gets healed completely.
Itching disturbs sleep, which is effectively tackled by Homeopathy. Since, itching can hurt the skin and break it, making it bleed which can cause infection. Homeopathy makes sure that itching and pain are entirely controlled and it also prevents infection.
Moreover, it also helps in preventing the relapse of the condition and also tackles all complications. Homeopathic treatment for Lichen Planus provides complete holistic wellbeing to the patient.
Steroids suppress the immune system and provide fast relief. But, this relief is temporary, short lived and full of side effects. Immune suppressive drugs can disturb the normal mechanism of your body. While Homeopathic medicines are absolutely safe, side effect free and steroid free.
Homeopathic treatment for Lichen Planus has many medicines which are anti inflammatory and powerful pain & itching controllers.
Homeopathic treatment is completely scientific and advanced and it has excellent success records in skin diseases.
It is also capable of managing secondary infections and preventing as well as treating
other severe complication of Lichen Planus.