Discharge of milky white urine is known as Chyluria. Chyluria is caused by parasite infection and other causes not associated with parasite infection.
Causes of Chyluria or Chylous Urine
- Chyluria or Chylous Urine Due to Parasite Infection-
- Infection is known as Filariasis
- Parasite causing infection is known as Wuchereria Bancrofti.
- The parasite lies and lodges in lymph node
- Chyluria or Chylous Urine During Pregnancy or Childbirth
- Chyluria is occasionally seen during pregnancy
- Self-limiting disease in pregnancy.
- Symptoms disappear after delivery.
- Chyluria or Chylous Urine Due to Manual Strenuous Overwork
- Chyluria occurs after overwork.
- Chyluria or Chylous Urine Due to Emotional Stress
- Causes of Chyluria in few patients is not known
- Emotional stress causing Chyluria are as follows
- Mental tension
Symptoms of Chyluria or Chylous Urine
- Milky White Urine (Chyluria)
- White lymph leaks into urine causing discharge of white urine.
- Lymph leaks from lymphatic vessels following blockade of channels.
- Obstruction of lymphatic vessels causes enlargement of lymphatic vessels known as lymphatic varieces.
- Milky urine contains protein, lipids, cholesterol and triglycerides
- Grades of Chyluria-
- Mild Chyluria- 1/3rd of patients suffer with mild and intermittent Chyluria.
- Moderate Chyluria- Over 1/3rd of patients complaints of moderate discharge of milky urine.
- Severe Chyluria- Less than 1/3rd of patients discharge severe amount of Chyluria.
- Blood sometimes mixes with the urine resulting in haemato-chyluria.
- Nutritional deficiency
- Weight loss
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Urinary Complaints
- Urine quantity is often low
- Frequent urination
Homoeopathy can have a definite role to play in the chyluria treatment, due to parasitic origin, trauma, abscesses, tuberculosis, etc. In these cases Homeopathy can help to reduce the swelling of the lymphedematous limb as well control its progress. Homeopathy can also help in preventing superadded infection of the lymphedematous limb. Congenital cases in which structural abnormalities of the lymphatics are evident may not be helped much with medical treatment.